Dining out for Easter? Here are a few options in Central New York
Ham is a common feature in Easter dinners. (AP Photo)
Easter Sunday is fast becoming one of those days when people increasingly opt to eat out, rather than make a big family dinner.
Around Central New New York, several places offer Easter specials, from brunch to dinner (or both):
Here’s a sampling:
• 1060 Restaurant (at the Genesee Grande Hotel), 1060 E. Genesee St., Syracuse. Easter Brunch, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring peel ‘n eat shrimp, carving stations, omelette and waffle stations, salmon, chicken and pasta dishes, plus the “Table of Decadence,” and children’s buffet; $32 for adults, $15 for children, free for 5 and under. Call 476-0556.
• Arad Evans Inn, 7206 E. Genesee St. Fayetteville. Easter Dinner, 1 to 6 p.m., featuring a a full menu of items like Rack of Lamb, Stuffed Veal, Atlantic Halibut and Long Island Duck, plus a special of slow-roasted Ham Hock, with roasted fingerling potatoes, brown sugar apple slices and pan sauce. Call 637-2020.
• Inn of the Seasons, 4311 W Seneca Turnpike, Onondaga. Easter Dinner, Noon to 6 p.m., with many classic entrees, like Veal Osso Buco, Rack of Lamb, Old Fashioned Pork Roast, Baked Haddock Gratin, etc. Call 492-4001
• Pascale Restaurant, 104 Limestone Plaza, Fayetteville. Easter Dinner, noon to 5 p.m.: Regular menu, plus a Ham and Lamb special. Call 637-8321
• Sherwood Inn, 26 W. Genesee St., Skaneateles. Easter brunch (9:30 to 2:30 p.m.) and Easter Dinner (from 4:30 p.m.). Brunch buffet includes turkey, lamb, and roast beef carving stations; omelette stations, ice carving etc. Dinner also served buffet-style. Call 685-3405.
• Phoebe’s Restaurant, 900 E. Genesee St., Syracuse. Easter Brunch, featuring a la carte items like Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Corned Beef Hash, Salmon Lox Bagel Sandwich, Deeep Dish Quiche, specialty drinks and more. Call 475-5154
• Joelle’s French Bistro, 4423 State Street Road, Skaneateles. Easter Brunch, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a 3-course menu featuring choices like Mushroom Crepe, Smoked Salmon Cake, Croissants, French Toast Monte Cristo, Grilled Salmon Salad, Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict etc. It’s $26.50 for adults,and children under 5 are free. A special menu for children under 12 is $15.75. Call 685-3063.
• The Mission, 304 E. Onondaga St., Syracuse. Easter Brunch, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring a special blue corn crabcake over homefries with roasted asparagus, poached egg and chile-spiked hollandaise, plus regular menu items breakfast burritos, dulce de leche French toast and blue corn waffles with fresh berries. Closed for dinner. Call 475-7344
• Texas de Brazil, Destiny USA, 306 Hiawatha Blvd. Opens at 11 a.m. for Easter Dinner, featuring the churrascaria-style cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken and Brazilian sausage, plus Easter specials of scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, fruit salad, assorted pastries, bacon and sausage, and mango, strawberry or passion fruit flavored Spring Mimosas. Regular Dinner: $44.99; Light Dinner: $24.99. Call 401-7990.
• Turning Stone Resort Conference Center, 5218 Patrick Road, Verona; Easter Brunch, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., featuring traditional breakfast items, plus chef-attended omelette station, carving stations for country ham and prime rib, and many other hot and cold dishes. Adults $42; children $22, kids under 5 are free. Season’s Harvest restaurant also has an Easter brunch; all other restaurants open normal hours. Call (800) 771-7711.